Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Why Am I Writing This Blog?



My name is Steve Emig, and I've lived a pretty weird life.  I'm the guy who rides his bike on the wall over a young woman's head at 1:01 in the video above.  That young woman is my sister, Cheri, who is now a teacher in Greensboro.  This video, The Ultimate Weekend, is a BMX freestyle video I shot, produced, financed, and edited myself in 1990.  I was one of the first three BMX riders to self-produce a full length video, pioneering a huge trend in the action sports world.  I've done a lot of other creative things in my life. 

Fate brought me to Kernersville, North Carolina several years ago.  I started blogging soon after, and I've recently self-published a little booklet, known as a zine, about how creative scenes form, grow, and in some cases turn into new businesses and even entire new industries.  It's called "Let's Make a Scene."  I've been a part of many creative scenes, and I'm working on writing a full length book on the subject.  As I got going on that, I realized I needed to look into the scene of shops and creative people here in Kernersville.  That's what this blog is about, to give a web presence to the downtown Kernersville scene, as well as the creative people here.  Enjoy.

If you're interested in "Let's Make a Scene," email me at stevenemig13@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment